The odor that greets you when you step into some hair salons is enough to make you cringe. The chemicals and highly concentrated solutions that are used for hair making and treatment can let off very terrible odors that can be discomforting.
For customers and staff, extended exposure to some of these harmful gases can trigger asthma or even contribute to the development of cancer. One sure way to get rid of these odors and keep your staff and customers happy and healthy is by using air purifiers for hair salons.
Not very many people can stand the odors that emanate from hair salons, so investing in the right air purifier for hair salon can boost staff morale, keep them happy and also enhance the overall customer experience.
When you go out to shop for a purifier, there are several factors that you must bear in mind and we’ll get to those in a moment.
This post has also simplified your search by putting together a review of the top 5 air purifiers for hair salons, as well as what makes each of them stand out on the market.
Top 5 Air Purifiers for Hair Salon: By Best Feature
Buyer’s Guide: Critical Factors to be considered before Selecting the Best Air Purifier for Hair Salon
Hair salons can be quite busy. The crowd can make it difficult for ventilation to take place. Getting it wrong with an air purifier can just make matters worse.
If you want the best air purifier for your hair salon, you should consider these factors;
1. Built for Fumes/Airborne formaldehyde
There are thousands of air purifier products in the industry, but each is designed for a specific purpose.
Before you take out your wallet for an air purifier for hair salon, you must ensure it is designed to take care of harmful fumes and tough VOCs like formaldehyde which can cause health problems and keep your customers away.
This means that the product should have the capacity to trap odors emanating from chemicals used in hair salons.
2. Activated Carbon Filter
While the HEPA filter is one of the most popular technologies when it comes to air filtration, it doesn’t come close to carbon filters as far as odors and VOCs are concerned.
Be sure to check that the filtration system includes an Activated Carbon Filter that can clear out the bad stench that relaxers and other chemicals can cause in a hair salon.
More so, you must ensure it is combined with other kinds of filters to eliminate other particles often found floating in hair salons.
3. Remote Control
It is also important to look out for an air purifier that offers remote manipulation in the form of a remote control or a mobile app.
This can give you much freedom, even when you’re busy with a customer’s hair rather than having to move from place to place trying to give your device a command.
4. Noise Level
As much as efficiency and a clean air are all that matters, convenience is also a major factor. We’re not sure you want to make your employees and customers uneasy with an irritating hissing sound that many air purifiers give off.
It is important you buy an air purifier for hair salons that will not only clean up your salon air, but also do so quietly, even at the highest fan speed.
The size of air purifier you’re considering is another important factor. Most hair salons are just below a thousand square feet or more on average.
With this knowledge, you should pay attention to both the physical size of the air purifier (one that is not too big to avoid disruption or taking up too much space) and the coverage capacity of the device. But this should also depend on the size of your hair salon.
Whether anyone likes it or not, cost is where the buck stops. After all is said and done, your purchasing power is what determines if you’ll buy a product or not.
For the air Purifier for your hair salon, you would want to look out for products within your budget, so you don’t go above board and hurt your finances.
Whatever you do, ensure you leave nothing to chance; pay attention to quality because any compromise can hurt your business and make your hair salon unbearable for anyone.
7. Air Cleaning Frequency
A regular hair salon would have several people come in at different points in time. It is not a single activity where chemical is used once and never used again.
Here, as people come in throughout the day, chemicals are used and this means your air purifier for hair salon must be up to the task and continue to clean out the air according to set schedules.
Some purifiers clean up the air every 30 minutes and others could do that every 60 minutes. Just be sure what you get is efficient for your hair salon needs.
Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Hair Salon
1. BlueAir Pure 211+ Air Purifier
Best Value for Money
BlueAir is not a strange brand in the air purifier industry. In fact, it holds several certifications and endorsements from several bodies. As a truly functional air purifier for hair salon, it is a top choice in many countries.
With low noise operation, multiple filtration processes and very durable, washable filter fabric, it is a reliable device for removing air particles and odor, especially in indoor settings like hair salons.
This may also include VOCs and formaldehyde which are very common toxins in hair salons.
Specifications & Features of BlueAir Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- Triple filter action includes activated carbon filter.
- 360 degree airflow design.
- One-button control mechanism.
- Colour and compact design.
- Weighs 22.4 Pounds.
- Dimensions at 13 x 13 x 20.4 inches.
Reasons to Buy BlueAir Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- Great captor of odors and VOCs.
- Great to look at.
- Quiet operation at 31 db.
- Very low energy consumption.
- Can clean up an area up to 540 square feet every 12 minutes, and 5 times every hour.
- Easy single-button operation.
2. Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier
Best for Cleaning Frequency
The Coway Airmega 400 air purifier is a truly functional device, hailed for its capacity and performance. It’s simple design takes nothing away from its elegance and class.
The combination of the Activated Carbon filter and the True HEPA filter brings the device to standard with the ability to capture almost 100% of all particles and VOCs in the air of your salon.
This includes volatile organic compounds released into the air of any typical hair salon.
The device has other smart features like a sensor that tests and reports air quality per time, as well as a dynamic timer that gives you the freedom to set the operation of your air Purifier just how you want it.
Having such a top quality air purifier for hair salon gives you so much confidence, making your salon a conducive environment for employees and customers.
Specifications & Features of Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier
- Includes a triple-filter system comprising a washable pre-filter, an activated carbon and a True HEPA filter.
- Features a pollution sensor for close monitoring.
- LED ring works with sensor.
- The device has 5 fan modes.
- Filter timer and indicators.
- Dimensions at 14.8 x 22.91 x 14.8 inches
- Item weighs 24.7 pounds.
Reasons to Buy Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier
- It can clean up a room up to 1,560 sq. feet.
- Cleans the air every 30 minutes to maintain freshness.
- Pre-filter is washable and durable.
- Includes Activated Carbon filter to capture harmful odors and VOCs.
- Power to tell how clean or dirty your hair is every moment.
- Fan speed can be adjusted easily.
- It is convenient to use and energy saving.
3. LEVOIT Smart Wifi Air Purifier
Best for Remote Operation
Technology rules the 21st century, so a truly hi-tech gadget that purifies your hair salon is something you should be willing to invest in.
There are a number of reasons this product is loved among salon owners, including the fact that it is so convenient to use. With your smartphone, you can easily send commands and watch it do your bidding, even as you go on with your business.
In terms of coverage, this air purifier can clean up a little under 1,000 sq feet in as little as 1 hour and 500 sq feet in just about 30 minutes.
The 3-in-1 filtration system that features the pre-filter, the H13 True HEPA filter and the Honeycomb Activated Carbon filter is a remarkable technology that cleans up the air in your salon with up to 99.97% accuracy.
It cleans up the harmful odor, pet dander, pollen and dust and replace them all with amazing fresh air for a comfortable time at your salon.
Specifications & Features of LEVOIT Smart Wifi Air Purifier
- Comes with 3-in-1 filtration system.
- Smart remote control for touchless operation.
- Also includes Voice command operation.
- Air quality display included.
- Features cleaning modes and fan speed settings.
- The gadget weighs 11.24 Pounds.
- Has dimensions of 14.6 x 7.2 x 18.5 inches.
Reasons to Buy LEVOIT Smart Wifi Air Purifier
- It is very easy to use.
- Provides great comfort and convenience.
- Quite portable for its performance.
- Easily adjustable to suit your needs.
- Within the affordable range.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Sleep mode can bring noise level under 27 db.
4. GoCheer Air Purifier
Best for Coverage
You may be wondering if there’ll ever be an air purifier with the capacity to cover your large salon. Well, you’ve come to the right place. This GoCheer air purifier for hair salon has one of the best coverage you’ll find on the market.
For emphasis, it has the power to clean up to 2,500 sq feet in 30 minutes and as much as 4,400 sq feet in one hour. And if what you have is a 1,000 ft salon, all you need is about 15 minutes to purify the air and get your salon bubbling with life.
It features a multiple-filtration system that can capture allergens as microscopic as 0.3 microns.
Specifications & Features of GoCheer Air Purifier
- The dimensions of the product are stipulated at 15.94 x 14.76 x 31.89 inches.
- Has a dual filtration system, comprising the H13 HEPA and Activated Carbon filters.
- Features an advanced panel for touch-screen operation.
- Lock key feature to prevent interference.
- 4 fan-speed levels.
- Uses an app for control and operation.
Reasons to Buy GoCheer Air Purifier
- Fully automated.
- Very impressive coverage.
- Easy to use.
- Cleans out 99.97% of all odor and particles in the air.
- Adjustable settings for enhanced usability.
5. Kokofit Air Purifier
Best for Price
If you have a relatively small hair salon, measuring hundreds of square feet, you may want to try something smaller, but with competitive power and efficiency.
The Kokofit Air Purifier ticks all of the boxes, from affordability, durability, portability, and ease of use to efficiency.
You can be sure of 99.97% of odor removal with its superb combination of an activated carbon filter, a True H13 HEPA filter and a fine pre-filter for maximum cleaning.
This is suitable for the very busy hair salons with the air quality monitor to gauge your air purity or pollution at every given time.
Specifications & Features of Kokofit Air Purifier
- Triple-filtration system.
- Filter-check Indicator
- Features an air quality monitor.
- Has dimensions at 11 x 11 x 23 inches.
- Weighs 18.76 pounds
- Also features sleep mode operation.
Reasons to Buy Kokofit Air Purifier
- Guarantees peaceful sleep at just 20 db noise level in sleep mode.
- Can clean out air particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- Activated carbon will replace bad odor with fresh air.
- Air quality sensor helps you stay alert.
- Cleans air fast, up to 720 sq ft per 30 minutes.
- Good warranty policy.
Comparison of Above-listed Air Purifiers for Hair Salon
|Adjustable Speed||Remote Control||Coverage||Carbon Filter||Air Cleaning Speed Sq ft/hour|
|BlueAir 211+||Yes||No||540 sq ft||Yes||2,700/hr|
|CoWay Airmega||Yes||No||1,560 sq ft||Yes||3,120/hr|
|LEVOIT Smart||Yes||Yes||1,000 sq ft||Yes||1,000/hr|
|GoCheer||Yes||Yes||4,400 sq ft||Yes||4,400/hr|
|Kokofit||Yes||No||720 sq ft||Yes||1,440/hr|
If you own a salon, we’re sure this post has saved you the headache of surfing through piles and piles of products looking for the right one for you. You’ll also very unlikely fall into the hands of swindlers.
Our top choice is the BlueAir Pure 211+ for a whole lot of reasons. The other products are also top-rated products with excellent user experience. You won’t be throwing away your investment if you give any if these products a chance as your preferred air purifier for a hair salon.