Finding the right purifier will involve considering a few factors, including efficiency and cost, then you will need the opinions of others. You will know you are considering the right purifier if it meets your health needs and has an efficient performance.
The Megawise Smart Air Purifier from Megawise was made to meet the needs of those who seek clean air and excellent coverage.
This purifier is an upgrade to the last air purifier. It comes with many features like smart control, 60% effective coverage, and the ability to clean the air of PM 2.5 particles.
This review will look at the features, characteristics, and functionality of the Megawise Smart Air Purifier.
The Megawise Smart Air Purifier is a great product if you have allergies, nasal congestion, or stay in a dusty environment.
The air purifier has a sleek and modern white exterior with two handles by the side for moving.
It is cylindrical, so there are no boxy edges with a netted vent in front to pull in air and clean it.
It has a four-stage filtration system with a medical-grade HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, and a negative ion generator.
You can use the LED button on top of the purifier to select between three settings, with the lowest setting having a noise output of 24dB.
You can also use the LED button to create a customized setting or leave it in auto-mode. At the lowest setting, it can clean the air of dust, pollen, and 99.97% of 0.3 microns.
Its selling points will be the ability to smart or wifi feature that allows you to control the purifier from a smartphone, its quality sensors, and the ability to customize your purification needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Specifications of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 2 Ease of handling of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 3 Usage Guide of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 4 Key Features of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 5 Core Functions of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 6 Running Cost of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 7 Best Usage of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 8 9 Reasons to Buy Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 9 2 Reasons not to Buy Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 10 User Feedback on Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- 11 Our Rating of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
Specifications of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- The purifier has dimensions of 16.1 x 8.2 x 8.2 inches
- It weighs 9.33 pounds
- Low energy consumption
- It has replacement filters
- Can clean the air 1008 ft2 room in an hour
- Has a smart air quality indicator
- The Megawise Smart Air Purifier has a four-stage purification process
Ease of handling of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
The new features added to the improved Megawise Smart Air Purifier make it a breeze to use. To control this purifier, you can easily use the LED button at the top, including a touch panel.
The fan speeds and settings can easily be changed using the control panel, and it allows you to alternate between the high, medium, and low settings.
In addition, with the auto mode feature, you can allow the air purifier to run all day by itself as it will automatically detect the change in air quality and show you using a simple display that shows red for poor air quality, orange for moderate air quality and green for excellent air quality.
The filters are easily replaceable, and you can carry the air purifier to any position you want. For example, you can place it on a stool, a wooden mount, or a corner.
Usage Guide of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
The Megawise Smart Air Purifier is easy to use and clean. The points in this section will make the air purifier easy to understand and use
- To turn on this purifier, there is a beautiful LED control panel that you tap located at the top of the purifier.
- To clean or replace the other filters, rotate the base counter clockwise, fix the new filters then press the filter reset button.
- You can easily switch between automatic and manual modes using the LED control panel on top of the air purifier or customize it to your setting.
- The smart control works with RFID to allow you to control the purifier’s settings on your phone by connecting to the wifi.
- The LED touch panel shows you everything, including pm 2.5 pollution, temperature, humidity, and gives you access to sleep mode.
- Remove the plastic covering from the filters before using.
The air purifier is easy to use, and you can access the manual here.
Key Features of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
1. HEPA filters
The HEPA filters can clean the air of 99.97% of particles the size of 0.3 microns. This reduces the risks of nasal congestion and allergies. With this feature, you can ensure that the air you are breathing is free of particles.
2. LED Touch Panel
This can be found on the top of the Megawise Smart Air Purifier and is used to adjust, change, and customize the settings in the purifier. You can turn the purifier on with this panel and put it in auto mode. This makes it easier to control the purifier.
3. Smart Control
The purifier has a smart control feature to connect the air purifier to your smartphone. With this feature, you can control the purifier from anywhere, change the settings, and switch between fan speeds.
4. Negative ion generator
This is an additional air-cleaning feature that uses negatively charged ions to purify the air in your home. This produces ionized air, which has been shown to improve mood and eliminate odors.
5. Filter Change Indicator
This feature allows you to know when the filters need to be replaced by lighting up. This allows you to keep the filter on high maintenance.
Core Functions of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
The filtration system is one of the best on the market, removing pollutants as fine as 0.3 microns from the air. Dust mites, mold spores, germs, viruses, and smoke are all absorbed by the filtering system.
The filtration mechanism is more advanced, including medical-grade HEPA filters. This makes it ideal for families with dogs and babies.
2. Coverage Area
The purifier can easily clean the air in a 1008 square foot space in one hour. It is efficient and powerful enough to clean the air in bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and other areas when operating at maximum capacity.
3. Noise Levels
The purifier creates less noise than other purifiers on the market, with the lowest being a light noise output of 24dB. Due to the whisper-jet feature, the noise output ranges from 24 to 46 decibels.
Depending on the substance in the air, the pace at which clean air is given varies. For example, it has a CADR of 373 for most substances. But, of course, this is dependent on the air purifier’s capacity to work fast in constrained spaces.
This purifier is designated as ozone-safe by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for indoor cleaning. Furthermore, according to its ETL listing, it is electrically safe, so there are no concerns about electrocution.
Running Cost of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
The Megawise Smart Air Purifier includes a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter with a six-month lifespan. But, you will have to replace the filters every 3-6 months to keep the purifier running and in great shape.
A replacement HEPA filter compatible with this EP1235A air purifier will cost $28.97, and it can be easily found. So is the activated carbon filter used for removing fumes, VOC, and green gas, which costs $40-$60.
If you replace the filters every six months, you will spend about $160 annually. However, the filters are easy to fix, and the purifier is only compatible with filters from Megawise.
At the lowest speed and in sleep mode, the purifier can run for 24 hours, and you will be paying 50 cents a month for electricity.
If you need to use this purifier at a higher speed, you will pay $2.99 every month and $36 annually for electricity. This might vary depending on your location in the United States.
If you add the cost of replacing the filters and the cost of electricity, you will be spending $200 annually maintaining the Megawise Smart Air Purifier.
Warranty and Support
This purifier has a one-year warranty, and its filters can last 6 months. The warranty covers any flaws and damages the Megawise Smart Air Purifier might receive in that year.
You can access this warranty as long as you have your receipt of Amazon ID. Customer support is also available 24/7, making it easy to reach out, complain or ask for a refund.
Best Usage of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
The purifier is best used for cleaning the air in open rooms, sitting rooms, offices, and basements due to the efficiency in filters and wide coverage range.
The HEPA filter can trap 99.97% of particles the size of 0.3 microns, including bacteria and viruses. Combined with the activated carbon filter, this filter can remove dust mites, spores, and chemical fumes.
9 Reasons to Buy Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- It has a LED control panel for easy control of the purifier
- Removes 99.97% of particles in the air
- Has a sound output of 24dB and cleans the air effectively in sleep mode
- Easy to carry with handles
- The HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of microns in the air
- Has smart control for controlling the purifier from a smartphone
- Prevents congestion
- Has a smart display that is easy to understand
- Low energy consumption
2 Reasons not to Buy Megawise Smart Air Purifier
- It has bad plastic off-gassing sometimes
- The purifier can develop faults after the filters have been replaced
User Feedback on Megawise Smart Air Purifier
Positive Remarks from User Reviews
- Users love the LED touch panel feature that lets them change the air purifier’s settings and display the air quality.
- Customers appreciated the smart control feature as they could control the purifier anywhere.
- Users love the ability of the smart air purifier to measure the air and change the fan speeds automatically.
- Some say they love the rate at which it works. They say it makes it easier to start breathing again.
- Users love the filter indicator that shows you the filter’s life and when it needs to be replaced.
Negative Remarks from User Reviews
- Users do not appreciate the bad plastic smell that is produced after the purifier has been running for sometime
Our Rating of Megawise Smart Air Purifier
|Easy to use||9.4|
|Value for money||9.4|
The Megawise Smart Air Purifier is not too expensive, and buyers claim it is a great purifier. The space coverage feature is rated 9.4 because, unlike other purifiers in its price range, this can clean the air in an 804 ft room in 25 minutes.
The easy-to-use feature is rated 9.4 because users loved how easy it was to use due to the smart feature.
The build quality is rated 9.7 because it is made from robust, durable material resistant to heat and pressure and can be easily cleaned with simple tools.
Because it can effectively clean the air of microns, including bacteria and viruses, as small as 0.3 microns, the filter strength is 9.5. Nevertheless, the air purifier is quite efficient and is ideal for those with allergies.
This is enough information to help you decide whether to buy the Megawise Smart Air Purifier or move on to the following product that better meets your requirements.
The device can remove dust, pollen, bacteria, viruses, and hair from a large space. Thus, it will be ideal if you suffer from allergies or stay in a stuffy room, but if you are concerned about the plastic smell, you can go for an air purifier with less off-gassing.