Don’t you just love cats? Their soft furry exterior that you just love caressing isn’t even their best feature. Cats are very intelligent pets as well, and are quite the cutie. For many people, they provide amazing company.
Additionally, cats are surprisingly low maintenance and do not require too much to be well taken care of. How can you not love these purring bundles of joy? Even the harshest cynics of the feline community can’t help but chuckle when shown short clips of cats engaging in fun activities.
When it comes to keeping these pets around and enjoying their company, we are all up for it, but frown at the extra effort it takes to maintain them. Perhaps one of the most challenging aspects of having cats around is having to deal with the odor from the litter box.
While the cats are lovely and adorable, their litter box is the direct opposite. Litter boxes could make living with a cat unbearable and unappealing. The ammonia fumes from the litter box could make your home almost inhabitable.
However, for those still sold on the idea of living with cats, but do not want to deal with the fumes from the litter box, this post is for you. What you need is a top Air Purifier for Cat litter odor.
This post reveals the top 5 air purifiers that you can use to combat cat litter odor. First, we have to look at a few important factors to consider before selecting the best air purifiers for cat litter odor.
Top 5 Air Purifiers for Cat Litter Odor: By Best Feature
Buyer Guide: Critical Factors to be Considered to Select the Best Air Purifier for Cat Litter Odor
Generally, the mechanisms for air purifiers for cat litters are the same, except for a few features that would make some air purifiers more suitable than others for specific tasks.
When it comes to purchasing the best air purifier to combat cat litter odor in your home, you must pay attention to certain important features like Activated
1. Carbon Filters
Activated carbon is used to absorb harmful toxins, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), gasses and odors.
There is no escaping for these odors with activated carbon. It will help you eliminate unwanted odor oozing from your cat litter box. Most other air purifiers, if not all, include the HEPA filter for dust and pollen.
Other important features of air purifiers for cat litter that you must take seriously before making a purchase include;
2. Build Quality
You can’t deny the need for a high quality build when it comes to air purifiers for cat litter odor, especially because you have pets in the house who can knock them over.
It will determine the longevity of this equipment in your home. Air purifiers that include filters with high-density polyethylene or high impact polystyrene are usually regarded as those with durable quality. Anything short of this doesn’t deserve your attention.
As with most equipment for home use, size is an important feature to consider. Air purifiers are pretty important, but not when they take up too much room in your house.
Depending on the size of your house, you should purchase a purifier that is just around 12 inches wide that would fit perfectly in any room you decide to put it in.
However, you shouldn’t go overboard and purchase a purifier that would be too small for your house. It is important to also pay attention to the coverage power of the purifier you want to get, with its unit in square footage.
More and more devices are built in such a way that they are safe for the environment. As a concerned environmentalist, the most suitable purifier for cat litter odor must be one that includes features that are environmentally friendly.
Owning a pet already costs money. Eliminating litter box odor shouldn’t cost so much in comparison. Suitable air purifiers for cat litter odor should be affordable, especially if you’re running on a budget.
That goes without saying, you must ensure you are willing to go for affordable quality products and not affordable substandard products.
Nobody appreciates any equipment that generates noise while they work. They would interfere with just about anything, including your sleep. As such, you must opt for devices that work considerably quiet and do not have other important sounds.
Top 5 Air Purifiers for Cat Litter Box Odor
1. SilverOnyx Air Purifier
Best Value for Money
Not many air purifiers are on the same level with the SilverOnyx Air Purifier when it comes to design quality, convenience, coverage and purifying results.
This is because this air purifier is equipped to provide 5 advanced levels of filtration. It is capable of purifying large rooms of up to 500 square feet in dimension.
This product also features a True HEPA H13 charcoal filter capable of capturing at least 99.97% of air pollutants as tiny as 0.3 microns.
So, in whatever form the cat litter odor comes, you can be sure you’ve got the right air Purifier that can exterminate VOCs and other dangerous gases.
Specifications and Features SilverOnyx Air Purifier
- Utilizes carbon filters to ensure proper elimination of odor.
- Automatic air quality detection and displays with different lights and adjustments for fan speed.
- 5 advanced level filtration.
- True HEPA H13.
- Activated charcoal filter and ionizer
- About 5.35 pounds in weight and 10.5 x 10.5 x 16.5 inches in dimensions.
- Sleek in design and compact in size.
Reasons to buy SilverOnyx Air Purifier
- Has an area coverage of about 500 sq. ft.
- Destroys viruses and germs in the air with the ionizer and sanitizer.
- Portable and suitable for travels.
- Automatic modification of fan speed.
- Enhanced protection with multiple filtration.
2. Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Home Air Purifier
The Aviano AV890 purifier is one that cat lovers will enjoy. Its lightweight and compact size means it doesn’t take up too much space in the room.
Well, this is one thing an air purifier for cat litter odor should consider; it can’t be too large to obstruct the movement of your pets. This product is equipped with a 7-in-1 filtration system that increases its efficiency.
This makes it highly sought after by numerous cat owners. Its filtration system includes a washable aluminum pre-filter used to trap large particles.
It also uses an antibacterial filter which works well with the HEPA filter in order to trap tiny particles and every other form of allergen.
Additionally, the Aviano AV890 air purifier also utilizes activated carbon filter and Nano-Cold Catalyst to properly get rid of cat litter odor, allergens and smoke that might present itself.
Lastly, it makes use of UV-C to eliminate germs, bacteria and viruses. The Anion generator boosts the quality of the air in your home by releasing negative ions.
Specification and Features of Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Home Air Purifier
- Has an area coverage of 350 sq. ft.
- Equipped with 3 fan speed settings.
- Intelligent sensors to detect air quality.
- 7-in-1 filtration system, including; anti-bacterial filters, pre-filters, activated carbon, HEPA filter, UVC, Nano gold catalyst, Anion generator.
- Weighs 13.3lbs and dimensions 13.5 x 7 x 19.5 inches.
Reasons to buy Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Home Air Purifier
- Lightweight and compact.
- HEPA filters are efficient in air cleaning to about 99.9%.
- Relatively large area coverage.
- Sleek and efficient design.
- Quite efficient.
3. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Coway AP-1512HH mighty air purifier comes equipped with a deodorization filter, and so is suitable for getting rid of different types of odor either from the litter box or any where else in your home.
It also includes additional filters like the HEPA filter, vital ion filter; which eliminates air particles by creating electrochemical reactions, the pre-filter; which mainly is in charge of trapping larger particles.
This purifier also includes 3 fan settings with manual configurations. Its auto mode adjusts the fan to match the quality of the air in the room.
A very noteworthy feature of this air purifier for cat litter odor is that it can switch to eco-mode if the purifier senses that the air has been clean for 30 minutes, in order to conserve energy. This purifier is also very noiseless and suitable for rooms no larger than 361 sq. ft.
Specifications and Features of Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Includes a 4-stage filtration system.
- Notifications for filter change.
- Includes 3 manual fan settings.
- Eco-mode; automatic switch to ecologically friendly mode after half an hour of consistent clean air.
- 4-set filtration system.
- Different LED colors to indicate quality of air.
- Can cover up to 361 sq. ft.
- Has dimensions of 16.81 x 9.57 x 18.31 inches.
- Noise level range 24.4 dB to 53.8 dB.
Reasons to buy Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Energy saving as a result of eco-mode.
- Noiseless operation to support sound sleep.
- Eliminates odor with a deodorized filter.
- Efficiently purifies air up to 99.97%.
- Notifications on when to change particular filters.
- Compact and sleek design.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
Best build quality
Ever since the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 air purifier hit the market in 2013, it has won major awards for its unique design and build. It’s also certified by Energy Star and that gives it an additional advantage as one of the best air purifiers to eliminate cat litter odor.
Additionally, its highly efficient purification system consists of 4 stages. The first stage of air purification includes trapping much larger particles by a washable pre-filter.
Next, the HEPA filter works to trap allergens that are as small as 0.3 microns small, at an alarmingly efficient rate of 99.97%.
Also, the high-end activated carbon works to significantly reduce all unwanted odors from your home. This is what concerns your cat litter odor.
Conversely, the negative ions constantly help to maintain fresh air in your home while the BioGS SPA-625A purifier finishes a complete cycle every 30 minutes when it’s set on high. It can be used to purify the air in rooms not exceeding 625 sq. ft.
Specifications and Features of Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- 4- stage filtration system.
- Remote controlled.
- Area coverage of 625 sq. ft.
- Weighs 16.8 pounds.
- Equipment power is 5-39 watts.
- Dimensions for this device is 16.6 x 9.8 x 22.2 inches.
Reasons to buy Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- Award winning sleek design.
- Easy to clean washable pre-filter, long lasting activated carbon filter and HEPA filter.
- Intelligent operation with high-end technology.
- Air purification of up 99.9%.
5. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Pet Dander/Odor Large Room Air Purifier
Best Area Coverage
For cat owners looking for a purifier to capture allergens from cat litter for a room with much wider space, the Alen BreatheSmart Classic purifier is just the solution.
It utilizes H-13 grade True HEPA filters and can purify the air in rooms of up to 1,100 sq. ft. in under 30 minutes. It also allows you to switch between 4 different fan speeds and also features a light indicating air quality.
Little wonder it is considered one of the most functional air purifiers for cat litter odor.
Specifications and Features of Alen BreatheSmart Classic Pet Dander/Odor Large Room Air Purifier
- Filtration system including; High end carbon filter, pre-filter, True H-13 HEPA filter, Anion generator, and a deodorizing feature “Molecular Conversion Powder”.
- Dimensions include 10 x 17.75 x 21 inches and weigh 32lbs.
- Capable of purifying rooms of up to 1,100 sq. ft. under half an hour.
- 4 fan-speed settings.
Reasons to buy Alen BreatheSmart Classic Pet Dander/Odor Large Room Air Purifier
- Quick and efficient cleaning.
- Wide area coverage.
- Certified by Energy star.
- Air quality light to enable easy observation.
- Ultra quiet and includes pink noise to help you sleep better.
Comparison of above listed Air Purifiers for Cat Litter Odor
|Filter System||Noise Level||Area Coverage||Performance||Width|
|SilverOnyx||5-stage||30-52db||500 sq feet||99.97%||10.5 inches|
|Aviano AV890||7-stage||24-53.2 db||350 sq feet||99.97%||7 inches|
|Coway AP-1512HH||4-stage||24.4-53.8 db||361 sq feet||99.97%||9.57 inches|
|Rabbit Air Purifier||4-stage||22.8-50.4db||625 sq feet||99.97%||9.8 inches|
|Alen BreatheSmart||4-stage||25.5-51.8db||1,100 sq feet||99.97%||17.75 inches|
Properly understanding what exactly you need from an air purifier for your litter box odor is the first step to getting a perfect fit. If you can, spare no expense for products that offer quality and are durable, instead of settling for substandard products. You will not only have a wonderful experience using the quality product, but it will also prevent you having to purchase a new due to faults with the old one.