Eczema is one of the most common skin diseases across the world. If you’ve ever had it, then you know how irritating, disturbing and painful it can be. Truth is, eczema doesn’t simply appear, neither are they caused by hormones; they break out as a result of allergies.
Whether it’s dust, pollens or mites, airborne particles can lead to, and worsen, the breakout of eczema. This skin disease can be treated by medication and topical solutions, but as we all know, prevention is always the best cure.
Preventing eczema requires eliminating the air particles that lead to its breakout and this means using an air purifier.
The best air purifiers have the ability to take out airborne particles like dust, pollen, mites, mold spores and so on using the best filtration technology on the market.
If you feel overwhelmed by the numerous brands out there calling for your attention, then you don’t have to worry. This post provides the top 5 air purifiers for eczema, as well as factors you need to consider before choosing a product.
Top Air Purifiers for Eczema: By Best Performing Feature
Buyer’s Guide: Critical Factors to Consider to Select the Best Air Purifier for Eczema
1. Filter Type
The critical question to ask is, “what type of filter is best for eczema?” Remember we mentioned earlier that eczema is caused by reactions to allergens like dust, mites and pollen. These are physical particles, though difficult to see with the naked eye.
The best purifier filter for these particles is the True HEPA filter, which has the ability to trap and eliminate 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. Another efficient variant is known as the H13 HEPA filter.
Many air purifiers come with a pre-filter in addition to the HEPA or Carbon filter, or both. A pre-filter is great because it is usually the first line of action.
It is great at trapping particles like mites, dander and pollen, especially those ones that are slightly larger. This is important, especially in very dusty environments because it can prolong the lifespan of the main filter by reducing its burden.
The good thing is, most pre-filters are washable, so are able to do a lot of work. Any particle that the pre-filter misses is then captured by the HEPA filter.
CADR refers to Clean Air Delivery Rate and refers to how much cubic meter of air is released by the device per minute.
This determines the output power of the air purifier and just how well it is able to clean up space. If you’re trying to prevent the breakout of eczema, you may want to properly check the CADR of that device you’re considering.
4. Air Change Rate
This is another very important factor you have to assess diligently. Air Change Rate refers to the area of your home or office where air has been trapped and replaced within an hour.
You would normally see stats like, “can clean up 216 square feet every 30 minutes” or “can clean up 650 square feet 5 times every hour”. Be sure the air purifier for eczema has an impressive air change rate before you make that purchase.
This is one of the most important factors that every air purifier buyer should have in mind. It is what determines whether a purifier will be effective for a particular space or not.
You can determine the coverage you need by multiplying the length by the width of your room. Whatever result you get is in square feet.
So, if your room is 340 square feet in size, you need to get an air purifier for eczema that has a coverage not less than 340 square feet.
Price is a global denominator. It often determines the outcome of simple economics, like buying an air purifier, for instance.
Chances are air purifiers for eczema will cost anything between $60 and $600, depending on the brand, quality, size, coverage, extra features and efficiency.
Your choice will be determined by your need, but also by your budget. While it is important to not go above board, we advise that you don’t compromise on quality just because you don’t want to part with a few extra bucks.
Top 5 Air Purifiers for Eczema: Deep Dive
1. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
Value for Money
If you consider the wide coverage, smart technology and superior filtration system of this product, you’ll understand why it takes our top spot in our review of the best air purifiers for eczema.
The Hathaspace Smart Air Purifier was formulated to take out allergies, dust and other airborne irritants that can cause the breakout of eczema. If you’re keen on quality and efficiency, then its price shouldn’t bother you.
The purifier is equipped with a 5-in-1 filtration system that also includes a carbon filter for eliminating gaseous pollutants and VOCs, asides from keeping you free from eczema-causing agents.
Specifications and Key Features of Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- 5-in-1 filtration system comprising True HEPA, Medical-grade HEPA, Activated Carbon filter and a pre-filter.
- 28.2 pounds in weight.
- 9 x 16.5 x 27 inches in dimensions.
- Includes Air Quality Index.
- Coverage capacity up to 1,500 sq ft.
- Has a Speed control button.
- Other features like Sleep Mode, Auto mode and light control.
Reasons to Buy Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- Very impressive coverage.
- Efficient filtration system, can clean up to 99.99% of all air particles.
- Pre-filter is washable and long-lasting.
- Requires only 1 hour to clean up a 1,500 sq ft area.
- Durable build.
- Easy to operate, touch control system.
Drawbacks We Noticed in Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- Quite pricey
- Also relatively heavy
2. RENPHO Air Purifier for Home
Best for Quiet Operation
RENPHO combines the satisfaction of clean air with an extremely quiet operation to give real value for investment.
This manufacturer understands that sleeping comfortably is important and ensures you get enough of it while purging your air of harmful allergens that can cause eczema.
Its unique design ensures there’s 360-degree airflow for easier and quicker air distribution.
With a CADR of 300 cubic meters/hour or 176 CFM, this device is a truly functional purifier that can take away all troubling mold, allergies, pollen, dust and so on to keep you free from all irritations.
Specifications and Key Features of RENPHO Air Purifier for Home
- 4-fan speeds
- True HEPA filter in 4-stage filtration
- 300 cubic meter/hour in CADR
- 480 sq ft in coverage
- Features a filter-change indicator
- 18.9 x 11.5 x 11.5 inches in dimensions
- 9.58 pounds in weight
Reasons to Buy RENPHO Air Purifier for Home
- Easy control and manipulation
- Good filtration system
- Suitable for large rooms
- Impressive CADR
- Quite affordable, considering its coverage
- Quiet sleep mode at 26 db
- Great coverage capacity
Drawbacks We Noticed in RENPHO Air Purifier for Home
- Might take up some space
- Filters require replacement just after 6 months
3. Afiola HEPA Air Purifier
Afiola may not be the most popular brand when we talk about air purifiers, but its entry for eczema takes the bar a little higher with a unique combination of a Purifier and a humidifier.
Humidifiers are great against allergies and provide the extra protection needed against irritations like eczemas.
This Afiola air purifier features a detachable humidifier that can be removed at any time without affecting the purifier (which serves as the main body).
Its 3-in-1 HEPA filtration system also includes an Activated Carbon filter and a pre-filter, combining to achieve 99.9% purification even with fine particles (PM 2.5) at 0.1 microns.
Specifications and Key Features of Afiola HEPA Air Purifier
- 3-in-1 filtration system comprising H13 HEPA, Activated Carbon and Pre-filter.
- Combines Purifier and detachable Humidifier.
- Humidifier water tank at 1.9 liters.
- Mist output at 150ml/hrs.
- Features filter replacement alert.
- 3 Brightness settings
- 3-fan speeds
- 7.6 x 7.6 x 21.8 inches in dimensions.
- 5.7 pounds in weight.
Reasons to Buy Afiola HEPA Air Purifier
- CARB and EPA Certifications.
- Covers up to 438 sq ft in 24 minutes.
- Humidifaction provides extra protection against allergies.
- 360-degree air flow.
- Optional Night Light.
- Does not release fog into the air.
- Efficient purification technology.
- Lightweight and portable.
Drawbacks We Noticed in Afiola HEPA Air Purifier
- You may not get less than 30 fb even in sleep mode.
- Filter replacement required every 6 months.
4. Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier
Best for Small Rooms
There are air purifiers for different purposes as there are for different spaces and room sizes. Small spaces like dorm rooms will benefit from this Air Purifier, which has a coverage capacity of 78 sq feet.
Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier is formidable against eczema and the allergies that cause it using its efficient HEPA filter and embracing.
It also features an optional UV-C light that helps to kill bacteria and germs that may be flying around your room. It is easy to operate with a simple knob to control the settings and fan speed.
Specifications and Key Features of Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier
- 7.5 x 6.5 x 11 inches in dimensions
- 5.15 pounds in weight
- Powered by corded electric
- Features HEPA filter and optional UV-C light
- CADR at 56 CFM for dust
- 3 fan-speed settings
Reasons to Buy Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier
- Good CADR rate
- Very affordable
- Lightweight design
- Very portable, can fit on a table top
- Very easy to use
Drawbacks We Noticed in Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier
- UV-C light can affect skin
- Limited coverage
5. Zigma Air Purifier for Large Room
Best for Large Rooms
The first thing you’ll notice about this purifier is its size. It is quite large with a height of 23.6 inches. The size and weight are actually justified when you consider its matchless coverage and air circulation up to 1,580 sq ft every hour.
It is a truly effective air purifier for eczema as the device is powerful against allergies that cause all forms of skin irritation.
Armed with a 5-in-1 True HEPA filter, Carbon filter and a built-in Negative Ion Generator, there is certainly more than one reason you should give this a try.
Specifications and Key Features of Zigma Air Purifier for Large Room
- 5-in-1 filtration system including a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, Activated Carbon filter and an ion generator.
- Features Voice Control
- 16.5 x 11.4 x 23.6 inches in dimensions
- 15.42 pounds in weight
- Coverage of 1,580 sq feet
- Controlled with an app
- Includes Child-lock function
Reasons to Buy Zigma Air Purifier for Large Room
- Affordable for its price
- Very wide coverage
- Low-noise less than 25 db during sleep mode
- Efficient filtration system
- Has Voice Control for easy manipulation
Drawbacks We Noticed in Zigma Air Purifier for Large Room
- Ion Generator may release harmful ozone
- Quite heavy
Comparison of above listed Air Purifiers for Eczema
|Hathaspace||28.2 pounds||9 x 16.5 x 27 inches||1,500 sq ft||5-in-1 filtration with HEPA and Activated Carbon||Yes|
|RENPHO||9.58 pounds||18.9 x 11.5 x 11.5 inches||480 sq ft||4-stage filtration with HEPA, Carbon and Anti-bacterial coating||Yes|
|Afiola||5.7 pounds||7.6 x 7.6 x 21.8 inches||438 sq ft||3-in-1 filtration with True HEPA and Activated Carbon||Pre-filter|
|Germ Guardian||5.15 pounds||7.5 x 6.5 x 11 inches||78 sq ft||4-in-1 filtration with HEPA and UV-C light||Yes|
|Zigma||15.42 pounds||16.5 x 11.4 x 23.6 inches||1,580 sq ft||5-in-1, with HEPA, Carbon and Ion generator||Yes|
Eczema is not a mere irritation that causes a lot of discomfort; it can also cause a lot of embarrassment by defacing the skin.
If you truly want to protect yourself from allergies that cause eczema and other skin conditions or irritation, you can rely on any of the products reviewed here to keep your air feeling fresh and looking clean all day long.
If you are still not able to decide, then, you can with Hathaspace Air Purifier which is our best choice for Eczema.
- Purify your air – Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors. Superior to standard true H11 HEPA filters, H13 HEPA filters 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns and 99.95% of particles between 0.3 – 0.1 microns.
- What you get – Large smart air purifier, H13 True HEPA composite filter, washable filter, manual, 5-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
- Remove odors, smoke, & VOC’s – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- Breathe easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 10,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier can assist and support the body’s natural response during allergy season.
- Smart air purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.